NINJA Business Plan Competition In Response To COVID-19 For African Startups For 2020
NINJA BUSINESS PLAN COMPETITION IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19 FOR AFRICAN STARTUPS FOR 2020
Ninja Business Plan Competition In Response To COVID-19 For Africans Startups For 2020
Country: Angola, Burkina Faso, Botswana, Cameroon, Cote d’voire, Egypt, Ethopia, Ghana, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda and Zamba.
Application Deadline: 29th July, 2020
The Next Innovation With Japan – NINJA Business Plan Competition is calling for applications from startups and organisations in selected African countries. The aim is to foster innovations and to support the start-ups who have the ambition to contribute to the society in new and exciting ways.
It is an initiative of the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), an agency that coordinates official development assistance for the Japanese government in developing countries. And it is majorly for businesses emerging during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
. Do you have ambitions to support the society?
. Do you want a grant for your business?
If you have answered YES to any of these questions, the NINJA Business Plan Competition in Response to COVID-19 For African Startups For 2020 is for you.
About The NINJA Business Plan Competition In Response To COVID-19 For African Startups For 2020
The NINJA Business Plan Competition will target startups and organisations from 19 African countries which are Angola, Burkina Faso, Botswana, Cameroon, Cote d’voire, Egypt, Ethopia, Ghana, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda and Zamba. It is open for startups/organizations in all sectors with a specific focus on emerging businesses in COVID-19-related fields including, but not limited to;
- Health: Online healthcare support; disease-testing solutions; medical data sharing and privacy protection solutions; distribution of drugs and medical equipment; IoT, including 3D printers, in the medical field
- Disaster management: Geo-tracking during disasters; emergency information dissemination
- Business services: Support for remote workers; efficient management/operation of online events
- Education sector: Remote learning support
- Food and agriculture: Efficient food/commodity distribution technology
- Finance: Contactless transactions/payment; lending/insurance services to SMEs and individuals
- Logistics: delivery service, urban mobility management
- Other: Substituting imported goods with local innovative technology
Who is Eligible?
Please be advised that you must meet the following eligibility requirements (which may be changed at any time by NINJA Business Plan Competition) in order to participate in the programme:
- Organisations with the head office or a branch in one of the target countries.
- Profit/non-profit organisations registered as an independent legal entity. Proposals from individuals will not be considered.
- Companies with a very strong management team of at least 2 people.
- Businesses that have an innovative product(s) or service(s) in response or adaptable to the pandemic and post-pandemic society OR have a feasible business plan to create prototypes (MVP).
Benefits Of The NINJA Business Plan Competition
- Winners from each country will be given a chance to sign a work contract with JICA for their innovation(s).
- Winners will be eligible for equity/debt-free sum of up to USD 30000 by JICA for covering costs associated with the proposed activities including; 1. Remuneration of staff, 2. Other expenses, and 3. Indirect local tax.
- Also, winners may get the opportunity to travel to Japan for further investments and business partnerships sponsored by JICA.
Selection of applications for the NINJA Business Plan competition will be;
- The proposal should introduce some level of innovation in terms of a business model, a new product or service that can be more actively used, and/or profitability in the current and post COVID-19 era.
- Proposals should be as commercially-oriented as possible.
- JICA may establish an evaluation board with outside evaluators experts under strict confidentiality to evaluate proposals.
- Each country will have 8 to 10 finalists out of which up to 5 winners will be selected.
- Winners from each country will participate in the grand finale.
Other Important Information
- When applying, each company is to submit a business plan with the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that can be achieved within about 6 months.
- Before the contract, JICA will examine the details of the proposed activity and the validity of the budget (each expense item) and JICA may request additional documents to determine the detailed activity in the contract.
- After the contract is signed, startups/organizations must submit monthly reports about the KPIs to JICA. (The duration of the contract will be about 6 months.)
- JICA will make payments based on the progress of the proposed activities and the submission of the progress reports and/or the expense report with receipt.
- The payment schedule will be determined by JICA, and in principle, no advance payment at the commencement of the contract.
Please read our followup post on how you can apply for this application here. it’s well detailed and will be very useful for you. Do give us a call to discuss any other concern. Proceed here to apply.
Patriarch Business Advisory (PBA) aka Patriarch Advisory (PA) is a management consulting firm committed to bridging the knowledge, finance and mentoring gap of individuals and small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) in Africa. We provide excellent bespoke services that are extremely useful to any individual and/or business. Among others, our services categories include opportunity maximization, business financing, marketing strategies, growth and expansion plan, and objective business diagnosis.
With several years of working with MSMEs in Nigeria, we have consistently provided unrivalled consulting/advisory services to small businesses across the country. Pls contact us today to discuss your specific concerns. The excellence we put to our work stands us out.
- UNICEF FUNDING OPPORTUNITY FOR TECH START-UPS - September 23, 2020
- UBA NATIONAL ESSAY COMPETITION - September 11, 2020
- PROVIDUS BANK SME (small and medium enterprises) CHALLENGE - September 11, 2020